As Sam Asghari shoots to fame with his name on every celebrity magazine after being pictured with Britney Spears, it lets us know at MSI that we have a good eye for talent.
We conducted an interview with Sam roughly 8 months ago, before things really started to take-off.
In today’s article, we may just have the next Sam Asghari, and a man who has a chance of taking Sam’s title of “The Self-improvement King” away from him.
Vipin Rathore is the latest name in dramatic transformations that are catching many eyes on Instagram and around the fitness world.
As we can see Vipin once represented the average man, someone who’s in shape, but it was never anything to get carried away with.
However, the picture on the right is a different story. Here we see a man with a body that nearly every man wishes to achieve one day.
The thing that surprised us most here at MSI, was the fact that Vipin went from looking like the man on the left, to looking like the man on the right in under a year.
We had to find out how he did this and we had to unearth Vipin’s secrets. Therefore we managed to get an interview with the man himself which you can read below.
- Describe yourself, why you got into fitness in the first place and where you hope to be in the future
Vipin: When I was 10, I used to see my uncle, he was into bodybuilding, so I decided I should start working out. I bought some dumbbells and I started work out from home.
In the begging it was very difficult to do because there was no one to guide me. After 6 months I joined a gym where there were trainers who taught me all of the workouts, this is how it all started.
I still feel like this is just the beginning and everyone has goals. So my aim is to be the winner of Mr. Olympia.
- Obviously your change occurred in a short space of time, how did you manage to achieve such great results when most other men require years and years to get to where they want?
Vipin: What I believe is, that it’s all about dedication and discipline, if you want to achieve something, then hard work is the key. I don’t believe in luck and fortune, if you get results that should be enough to keep you motivated.
The most important thing is, I hate being average. I think this is the main reason why I got my results in such a short period of time.
- Describe your typical diet
Vipin: Diet is the most important part of bodybuilding. A great body is made in the kitchen not the gym. 30 percent of fitness is the workout and the remaining 70 percent is reserved for diet and rest.
For me it’s really difficult to keep the same diet everyday day because I’m a big time foodie. For that reason, I like to experiment with my diet. I get my protein from chicken, fish, eggs, cottage cheese, salmon etc. And for complex carbohydrates I use Brown rice, oats and broccoli.
For my good fats I like almonds and walnuts. Once a week I’ll have my cheat meal, something like ice cream, pizza and pasta. It helps boost my metabolism…and satisfaction.
- What type of exercise did you perform?
Vipin: Working out depends on what I’m preparing for, if there’s a competition or a shoot coming up, then I do cardio, high intensity workouts, plus super-sets to break more and more tissues.
By doing this I can reduce the level of glucose in my body which produces a more sharp and muscular look. Other than this I perform a normal work out.
- Do you use any supplements?
Vipin: Yes, I use dietary supplements like protein powder and amino acids. I use these because there are some nutrients that we can’t get purely from food, that’s why I use protein and amino.
It’s like I need to eat 10 eggs to get certain nutrients, that I can get from 1 scoop of protein. It’s also easier to consume and digest one scoop than it is 10 eggs, which is highly recommended by experts.
- What 3 pieces of advice would you give to men all around the world?
- Before you start working out and get your foot in the door of any gym, you must ask yourself, what are your goals? If you aspire to be a world-class power-lifter or fitness model you need to identify that first. Then set the goal, start working out and don’t stop until you achieve it.2. Dedication and discipline. You can’t achieve it overnight sometimes you will get results and sometimes not, there will be times when you want to give up. That’s why you need to keep motivating yourself with dedication and discipline.
3. And the most important thing, don’t skip your workout, never give up because good things take time. Also don’t forget to take proper rest and stick to your diet.
- With such great results, can you tell us the amount of work it took?
Vipin: It’s been 4 years, I’m regularly doing the same workouts with the same dedication and discipline. In a week I do 5-6 days working out, with one day rest.
I take 60-80 mins to finish my workout and when I prepare for my competitions, I workout 2 times a day. In the morning I do cardio and abs and in the evening I do weight training.
- What are the 3 biggest mistakes men make when it comes to fitness?
- Firstly they compare themselves with others. With this competition in mind, they start pushing heavy weights with poor form and it can lead to a big injury.2. They don’t focus on their diet after their workout.
3. Many of them depend on dietary supplements, which are really helpful but at same time proper food will be an extra advantage.
I think we can all say we’ve learnt some valuable things from this interview. It’s like we always say, trust results not qualifications.
If you see someone with a tremendous physique, then listen to them, take their advice, they’re clearly doing something right.
Vipin is an inspiration for men everywhere. He shows that with hard work, results as dramatic as these can occur to anyone. Any man can have the body of a male model if that’s what he wants badly enough.
Remember guys, train hard, stay disciplined and be consistent. We hear it time and time again, but here we have another real world example of someone who’s followed that advice.
We’d like to say thank you to Vipin and good luck for the future. If you’d like to follow Vipin on Instagram then click this link…Vipin Rathore Instagram.